Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Strawberry Cream Puffs

Welcome Back Friends!

One thing you will soon learn about me is that I have a HUGE sweet tooth. I stumbled across this yummy Strawberry Cream Puffs recipe and let me tell you, they are delicious!  I'm just going to get right into it!

A little warning - these are time consuming. It took me around 2 1/2 to 3
 hours from start to finish. But the end result is worth it!


What you'll need

  • 1 cup flour
  • 3.5 oz milk
  • 3.5 oz water
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 5 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 4 eggs


  • Filling
  • 2 cups (heavy cream
  • 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Fresh strawberries, cut into slices

  • **YOU WILL ALSO NEED A COUPLE PASTRY BAGS WITH A LARGE 1/2 INCH ROUND TIP & A SHIFTER**
    We got these neat measuring spoons for a wedding gift. Perfect for a pinch of salt!

    Preheat oven to 350°

     In a saucepan bring the milk, water, sugar, salt and butter to a boil.
    Remove from heat and add flour all at once and mix with a wooden spoon.
    
    Return the saucepan to low heat and while stirring cook for 1 to 2 minutes to pull out the moisture out of the the batter. The recipe says you will start to see the dough pull away from the sides of the pan (I didn't notice this).

    Transfer batter to a large bowl and allow to slightly cool. I let the dough sit for about 10 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, carefully incorporating each into the batter using the wooden spoon or a stand mixer. You will end up with a smooth batter.



    Fit a pastry bag with a large 1⁄2 inch round tip and pipe the dough into circles on a parchment paper. I chose to use my silicone baking mat instead of parchment paper. Also, I have been getting my pastry bags from the Dollar Tree. They work great and you can't beat the price of $1.00.


    Bake for 25-­30 minutes until browned and puffed. Allow to cool on a wire rack.

    While your puffs are cooling, slice up your strawberries. We love to get our strawberries at Sam's Club. This big container was only around $5.00!


     In a large bowl whip the cream with an electric mixer until it forms stiff peaks.



    Add sugar and vanilla extract and mix to combine.


    Fill pastry bag with whipped topping.


    Cut the cream puffs in half and fill them with cream mixture.



    Add strawberry slices.



     
    Dust with powdered sugar.




            And then most importantly, ENJOY!



    Store left overs in the fridge. Good for 3-4 days.


    Husband Rating- A


    Recipe credit to Tastemade - For original recipe see link below
    https://www.tastemade.com/videos/strawberry-cream-puffs



    **Stay tuned- My next post will be a recipe I tried out last night, Garlic Pesto Chicken Pasta...It is my copy cat version of Noodle & Company Pesto Cavatappi.






    Don't forget to follow my page for the latest updates!






    No comments:

    Post a Comment