Saturday, May 7, 2016

Garlic Pesto Chicken Pasta

This past week I have been busy cooking. I can't wait to share these new recipes with all of you!

My husband John and I LOVE Noodles & Company. It has been one of our go to places for many years. This is where we fell in love with pesto. If you haven't had the Pesto Cavatappi, you need to go get some right now!

Okay, okay I'm just joking! You won't have to rush and get it when I give you this recipe. It is just as good as Noodle & Company's Pesto Cavatappi and a little easier on the wallet if you are feeding a family.


What You'll Need
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 2 chicken breasts, sliced into ½-inch strips
  • 2 tablespoons garlic
  • ½ tablespoon kosher salt
  • ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
  • ¾ cup heavy cream
  • ½ grated parmesan cheese
  • ¼ cup pesto
  • 3 cups penne pasta, cooked and drained
  • ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Parmesan cheese to garnish


  • First off- Buitoni is our favorite pesto to use. We love to mix it in with a bag of cheese tortellini...MMMmMm..

    We usually find it at HyVee or Wal-Mart.




    As you might have seen in one of my previous posts, I really like to get HyVee's marinated chicken breasts. They make them in a lot of different marinates. These parmesan pesto chicken breasts are great. This recipe is delicious with regular chicken breasts also.

     
     
    Besides pasta and garlic, this is all you really need. Super easy!
     

     
     
    To start off I boiled my pasta, drained and set aside.
     
    Heat canola oil in a pan. Slice chicken breasts and add to hot oil.



     
    Add garlic and salt & pepper ( I only added 1 tsp of pepper)
     
     
    I had a special guest in the kitchen with me :)
    (I might have caught him off guard)

     
    Once chicken is cooked, add in the heavy cream.

     
    Next, mix in parmesan cheese and pesto sauce.

     
    Bring sauce to a boil and cook until sauce has reduced, about 7 to 8 minutes. Toss pasta into sauce mixture and stir until evenly coated. Add in sliced tomatoes.
     

     
    Head on med to low for 5 minutes.
     
    Make sure you remember to taste test!

     
    Put on a plate and sprinkle with parmesan cheese then Enjoy!

     
     
     
    Husband Rating: A-
     
     
     
    Recipe credit to Buzz Feed. For original recipe see link below


    If you are enjoying my blog, please let me know by becoming a follower! It means a lot! :)

     
     
    Make sure you stay tuned! Tomorrow I am going to work on my post for the Lasagna Poppers!
     

     
     
     
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment