Sunday, May 8, 2016

Lasagna Poppers

 
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there! Whether you have beautiful children of your own, you have been blessed with step children, or even are a Mom to cute fur babies, this day is all about you. Because of Mother's, children and pets lives are forever changed. What you do matters, and remember you are loved by many.

This morning I attending church with my cousin Angie, who is one of the strongest, loving Moms I know. The service was about having courage and being kind. I hope that you will all take that with you today, because per Pastor Mike, having courage and being kind can get you from Once Upon A Time to Happily Ever After a lot faster then not having courage and not being kind. I hope everyone had a reason to celebrate someone today.



This recipe for Lasagna Poppers is one of my most requested recipes so far. It does take a little time from start to finish, so make sure if you are making it for a week night dinner you get an early start on it.


 
 

       What You'll Need
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 1/2 cup marinara sauces
  • 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 cups panko bread crumbs
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 8 to 10 lasagna noodles depending on amount of filling in each
  • 3 to 4 cups of canola oil for frying — depending on size of pot used




Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and onion. **I did not use onion** Stir constantly until brown.

 
Add ground beef. Once browned, drain and return to pan.
 
 
 
Add marinara and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.

 
 
Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
 
 
While mixture cools, add water to a pot. Once boiling, add in your lasagna noodles.
Every time I boil noodles, especially lasagna noodles, I add a Tbsp of olive oil to the water before I add the noodles.
 
 
Once noodles are cooked, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
 
Once cooled, lay noodle out and place desired amount of mixture on one end.


 
 
Slowly roll up the noodle, making sure to keep pushing in the mixture on the sides.

 

 
Once all noodles are rolled, place in freezer for 12-15 minutes.
 
 
Roll noodle in flour.
 
Then in eggs.

 
Then in panko breadcrumbs. I chose to use Italian seasoned panko.
Also, the original recipe calls to put noodle back into eggs and breadcrumbs a second time. I chose not to do this.
 

 
Once all the noodles are coated, freeze for an additional 12 minutes.
 

Heat 3-4 inches of canola oil in a medium sauce pan. Test by splashing a few drops of water into the oil. It should sizzle if hot enough.

 
Place poppers into the oil. I fried 2 at a time. Keep an eye on them. I flipped each one after a few minutes.

Once brown, remove from oil and let dry on paper towels. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.

Warm up some extra marinara for dipping sauce and enjoy!
 
Husband Rating: B
 
So my husband John wanted me to explain to everyone why he rated this recipe kind of low. We agreed when eating them that we would prefer them much more baked. We thought the outside was a little to crunchy for our liking. They will defiantly get a A rating next time when I bake them. You guys might like the outside fried more then us.
 
 
Recipe credit to BuzzFeed. For original recipe see link below.
 
 
 
I hope everyone enjoyed this post. I gotta go..I have my new recipe in the oven...Lemon Cool Whip Cookies!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment