Friday, June 3, 2016

Skinny Pistachio Cake -- So Good!




I can't wait to share this little recipe gem with you guys. The whole time I'm making it, my husband stands behind me drooling over my shoulder. The time it takes for the cake to cool off is torture to him.

 A couple weeks ago I was scrolling through my pins on Pinterest and John spotted this recipe. I have now made this cake twice in the last 2 weeks, and its a SKINNY version. No oil, no egg yolks!

Let's get started!


What You'll Need:

Cake:
  • 16.25 oz box white cake mix
  • 1 oz box Jell-O® Pistachio Sugar-Free/Fat-Free Pudding Dessert
  • 6 oz  plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1½ cups water

  • Frosting:
  • 8 oz container Cool Whip® Free, thawed
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1 oz box Jell-O® Pistachio Sugar-Free/Fat-Free Pudding Dessert

  • Optional Topping
  • ¼ cup shelled pistachios

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9x11 cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
     
    Mix together white cake mix, 1 box of Jell-O® Pistachio Sugar-Free/Fat-Free Pudding Mix , Greek yogurt, egg whites, and water using a stand-up mixer or hand mixer.
     


     
    Once all ingredients are mixed, pour cake mix into cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.  I baked mine for 37 minutes.
     
    While cake is baking, mix skim milk and  Jell-O® Pistachio pudding mix together. Beat with a hand mixer until well mixed. I mixed until it was starting to get think and have a pudding like texture. Let mixture stand for 2 minutes.

     
    Fold in thawed Cool Whip®  into pudding mixture.
     
     
    Once mixed together, place in refrigerator until cake is ready to be frosted.
     

     
    Remove cake from oven. Once cooled, top generously with pudding frosting. I used all of the frosting :) (Can't let any go to waste)
    Sprinkle (optional) chopped pistachios on cake (I haven't used pistachios yet).

     
    Place in  refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.

     
    The texture this cake gets once cooled in the refrigerator is so soft and creamy. I honestly have no words for how delicious this cake is.

     

     
    Pairs perfect with a cold glass of milk!
     

    Make sure you store the left over cake in the refrigerator. Good for 5 to 6 days. We like to eat it after dinner through out the week.
     
    And most importantly, Enjoy! :)


    Husband Rating: A+



    Recipe credit from Skinny Mom.
    https://www.skinnymom.com/skinny-pistachio-cake/#_pg_pin=514100


    I have 4 more recipes ready to be shared with all of you, so stick around and don't forget to follow! :)
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment